Tasmanian Whisky RSS
The celebration of Destination Cellars five year anniversary! On Friday 25th of September at 7.30pm we celebrated in style alongside the distillers we collaborated with, in the Collins Room at the RACV Hobart Hotel.
These are the whiskies that were created for this occasion:
- Sullivans Cove Double Cask Single Malt Whisky, 700ml, 47.6% ABV
- Overeem Port Cask Single Malt Whisky, 700ml, 62,2% ABV
- Lark Port / Muscat Cask Single Malt Whisky, 500ml, 48.0% ABV
- Hobart Whisky Ex-Bourbon & Ex-Oloroso Sherry Cask Single Malt Whisky, 500ml, 61.3% ABV
- Tasmanian Independent Bottlers RD0028 Single Malt Whisky
- Old Kempton Sherry Cask, 500ml 62.5%
- Old Kempton Sherry Cask, 500ml 50.0%
A Tasmanian Whisky Event
Heartwood & Tasmanian Independent Bottlers teamed up again with Destination Cellars for an evening of great drams and erudite banter from Mr H in person in the beautiful surrounds of RACV Hobart Hotel on Thursday August 20th.
Here's a line up to make you salivate:
1. You will get the first look at the latest release of the TIB Vatted Malt #4 at 49.9% abv Hot off the bottling line, Mr H has produced this "imminently slurpable" unique blend of three singe malts produced at Australian distilleries. This vatting was constructed from three separate casks that all previously held sherry. Bottled at 49.9%
2. TIB Vatted Malt #3 at 49.6% abv consisting of two ex-Sherry casks from 'a Renowned NSW Distillery', & a splash of peated ex-Sherry cask from local Adams Distillery.
3. TIB Fleurieu Distillery Release 2 FL0011 Sherry Cask Single Malt Whisky 49.2% - a beautiful Sherried whisky - a huge hit when it was released last year, another whisky from the archives!
4. Heartwood ‘Don’t @#$%&* it up, Son’! Cask Strength Vatted Malt Whisky - Junior H's first crack under the Heartwood brand, Louis Duckett (Tim Duckett’s son) & it's a beauty! It consists of the first Tokay cask filled by Lark + some younger sherried whisky and the tiniest bit (‘0.003%) of youthful peated whisky. Bottled at 59.65%abv
5. Heartwood ?? "Special new release" you will get to be the first people to taste a new Heartwood release from Mr H. His generosity knows no bounds.
TIB is run by local alchemist Tim Duckett (aka Mr H), producer of the famed high- octane Heartwood brand, who has created TIB to offer a more gentle style of whisky with less 'mongrel' than the Heartwood releases. Heartwood has won countless awards on some of the most prestigious whisky stages over the past decade and TIB is now following suit.
He sources spirit from Tasmania, mainland Australia, and New Zealand based on its texture and flavour profile. It is then matched to a specific barrel type. Currently they have selected 15 barrel types for maturation of the spirit including:
Sherry, Port, Bourbon, Muscat, Botrytis, Virgin oak, Re-educated 2nd fill, Rum, Bourbon Rum, Sherry Rum, Tokay, PX, Rye, Whisky beer. Also they will have oats, rye, & apple spirit. Exciting times.
TIB Awards: The Wizards of Whisky World Whisky Awards 2019 Australasian Producer of the Year 2019 Tasmanian Independent Bottlers. 2018 Independent Bottlers Challenge Winner.
An Online Whisky Event hosted by Fred Siggins, Brand & Operations Manager for Sullivans Cove Distillery & Todd Morrison of Destination Cellars.
Destination Cellars bring you the third installment of our Distant Socialising events for an evening of great whisky and stories with our local superstar friends at Sullivans Cove Distillery, where you can enjoy Fred's guided tasting (including two brand new releases and a pre-release!) from the comfort of your own home . This virtual tasting event went live at 7.30pm Wednesday May 13th.
This event was the first of its kind for Sullivans Cove, not only sending out a pre-release sample, but also allowing you to be part of the first side by side comparative tasting of their first ever American Oak Refill releases from their Cask Variations series. Here's the line up of great Sullivans Cove drams:
1. DOUBLE CASK Single Malt Whisky 45%abv A damn fine dram to get the taste buds going, Double Cask Batch DC105 is a marriage of portions of eight different casks ranging in age from 10 to 14 years. As well as American oak ex-bourbon casks, this batch also contains a high proportion of ex-tawny casks as well as whisky from two French oak casks previously used to mature Australian white wine for a complex, lively and fruit driven character.
2. NEW! AMERICAN OAK REFILL SINGLE CASK (TD0080) 47.1% Single Malt Whisky The newest label from the Sullivans Cove Cask Variations Series, American Oak Refill, was released in March and sold out within a matter of days. TD0080 is the first ever bottling under the Sullivans Cove American Oak Refill label. TD0080 was distilled in February of 2006 and decanted in August of last year for a maturation of thirteen years in a single, 300L American oak cask previously filled with an older batch of Sullivans Cove Single Malt Whisky. This exciting new whisky represents an evolution in the Sullivans Cove style. Unlike our standard American Oak ex-bourbon single cask label, these casks have never held bourbon. Originally commissioned by Sullivans Cove direct from the cooperage in the mid 1990s as virgin casks, they were first filled with an older batch of Sullivans Cove single malt whisky. Once that first batch was decanted and bottled, these casks were refilled with new make spirit. Thirteen years later, that refill spirit has reached its peak and is finally ready for release as Sullivans Cove American Oak Refill Cask.
3. NEW! AMERICAN OAK REFILL SINGLE CASK (TD0082) 47.2% Single Malt Whisky American Oak Refill Single Cask TD0082 was distilled in February of 2006 and decanted in August of last year for a maturation of thirteen years in a single, 300L American oak cask previously filled with an older batch of Sullivans Cove Single Malt Whisky. Bottled at 47.2% ABV, this cask is one two being made available simultaneously as part of the first ever American Oak Refill release under our Cask Variations series.
4. Just off the bottling line! AMERICAN OAK TAWNY CASK 47.5% Single Cask TD0199 Single Malt Whisky Part of our Cask Variations series, American Oak Tawny Single Cask TD0199 was aged for twelve years in an American oak cask previously used to mature Australian tawny, lending this whisky the fresh caramel and vanilla notes associated with American white oak, combined with the rich dried fruit flavours of port-style fortified wine. Aged for 11 years and bottled at 47.5% abv.
- Australian Whisky
- Beam Suntory
- Destination Cellars
- Destination Cellars Events
- English Whisky
- Hakushu 18
- Indian Whisky
- Irish Whiskey
- Laphroaig 25
- Octomore Eight Series
- Rare Whisky
- Scotch Whisky
- Sullivnas Cove
- Tasmanian Gin
- Tasmanian Whisky
- The Macallan
- The Retiring Gin
- Yamazaki 18