An evening celebrating small batch Tasmanian Gins
Destination Cellars is celebrating the start of Spring with a wonderful showcase of Gins from 4 boutique Tasmanian producers. We invite you to join our adventure in gin exploration on Friday evening September 24th at 7pm in the beautiful surrounds of Hadleys Orient Hotel.
We will be showing you a special selection of gins from four family-owned independent Tasmanian producers: Blackmans Bay (Blackmans Bay), Bright Night (New Town), Heartwood (Huntingfield), and Adams (Perth). You will get the opportunity to meet the producers, try their gins and share their stories.
Here are the gins on tasting:
1. Bright Night - Wild Tasmanian Gin
2. Blackmans Bay Distillery - Harvest Gin
3. Blackmans Bay Distillery - Botanical Gin
4. Blackmans Bay Distillery - Smoky Gin
5. Heartwood - Cask Strength Barrel Aged Gin
6. Adams Distillery - Barrel Aged Sloe Gin
1. Blackmans Bay Distillery - Their family-owned and operated boutique micro distillery is located on the Bluff in Blackmans Bay, just south of Hobart, Tasmania. They blend their own base spirit with a traditional canvas of steeped juniper berries and coriander seeds, creating specialty gins with a rich palate of hand selected, seasonal botanicals from both Tasmania and afar. We will be trying three of their gins.
2. Bright Night - From the Tassie wilderness to you - a new gin made by award winning distiller Damian Mackey. Dusty, intense and twinkling with flavour, Bright Night Gin fuses the distinctive taste of Tasmania’s native bushlands with traditional aromatics. Savour the tantalising interplay of fourteen carefully selected botanicals including mountain pepper berries, lemon myrtle and kunzea. Earthy notes balance with bright citrus and bursts of peppery spice.
3. Adams Distillery - Adams Sloe Gin now aged in Pinot Noir Barrels & was recently awarded as Australia's Best Sloe Gin 2021 at the World Gin Awards.
Infused with locally sourced Sloe berries and steeped in Dry Gin for over 6 months, this sweet, viscous liqueur is complex and smooth. Adam & Adam have created a truly unique expression of an old English classic. Sweet Cherry and dark Plum flavours are married together with all the complexity of Port style wines.
4. Heartwood - Heartwood's first foray into the wonderful world of gin
Heartwood's Absolution of Gin (or It's a @#$% Gin not a Whisky!) is Tim Duckett's first gin creation, released at cask strength 54.6% ABV and yielding 440 bottles. Made at Western Tiers Distillery from a recipe by Adams Distillery, the gin was aged in a Chardonnay cask from Goaty Hill Winery for five weeks.
Tickets are $60 each and must be booked in advance as seats are limited.
Attendees will have access to exclusive pricing on all gins on the night. Your ticket includes all drams, finger food and good times.
7pm Friday September 24th at Hadleys Orient Hotel, 34 Murray St, Hobart
* Your order number will be your booking number. You will not need or be issued a ticket, as we have your booking details. We will touch base with you again a day before the event. Thank you for booking with Destination Cellars.
** Refunds given with 24 hours notice
Questions to 0362313400 or firstname.lastname@example.org