Gins of the World ONLINE Event
An Online Event celebrating the diversity of gin from around the world
Destination Cellars invite you to an adventure in gin exploration on Friday evening October 2nd at 7pm. This booking is for the Online Gin Event, where you can enjoy the gins from the comfort of your own home . This online tasting event will go live at 7pm Friday October 2nd.
We will be showing you a special selection of new gins to our shop that hail from all parts of the world - including the latest Navy Strength release from local superstars Poltergeist, the first release from Mountain Goat, two new gins from Israel, and a 55% flavour bomb from the UK!
Due to Social Distancing we will bring Distant Socializing, we will send you out the sample bottles and then later on we will send you an invitation to join the Zoom meeting. To participate all you will need is your computer or phone. Or you can enjoy the samples in the solitude and sanctity of your home at any time.
Here is the tasty line up of gins:
1. Poltergeist Navy Strength Gin – Tasmania – Shene Distillery
2. Mountain Goat Hopped Gin – Melbourne – Mountain Goat Brewery/Distillery
3. Cadenhead's Old Raj Dry Gin – UK – WH Cadenheads
4. Levantine Gin – Tel Aviv, Israel – Milk & Honey Distillery
5. Levantine Oak Aged Gin – Tel Aviv, Israel – Milk & Honey Distillery
1. Poltergeist Navy Strength Gin - The latest release from local gin superstars at Shene Estate. At the time of writing the juice is still getting bottled - you will get the chance to try it once it is ready for release in a couple of weeks!
2. Hopped Gin First Release - It’s no secret that Mountain Goat love big, hoppy beers, so it was a natural step for them to create a gin that used hops as a balanced part of the spirit. Much in the classic London Dry style, we chose to make a juniper-forward gin, not just because they’re our favourite, but also because juniper and hops
have a lot in common, with both ingredients bringing resinous, piney and citrusy flavours. TASTING NOTES: At first sip there is a subtle heat from the native pepper berry, which leads into resinous, piney flavours from the juniper and hops. A rounded citrus and coriander profile presents itself on the mid-palate, adding a pleasant herbal warmth before the florals kick in for that unmistakable finish.
3. Old Raj Gin has been produced since 1972 by WM Cadenhead, an independent bottler based in Scotland. This gin is made with nine botanicals: juniper berries, orange and lemon peel, coriander seed, angelica root, orris root, cassia bark, almond powder and saffron. All of the botanicals are distilled with the base spirit except saffron, which is infused with gin following distillation because of its delicacy - it also gives the gin a slight yellow tint. This gin is bottled at 55% ABV with a huge flavour profile and length.
4. Levantine Single Malt Gin - This gin starts the same as their single malt series – 100% pure malted barley that’s mashed in-house and distilled in a pot still. Heaps of Juniper and botanicals are added, hand-sourced from Tel Aviv's Levinsky market: origanum syriacum, lemon peel, orange, chamomile, verbena, cinnamon, and black pepper. The botanicals are left to rest in the still for 48 hours and then distilled for the third time in a 250L pot still, for extra smoothness. Bottled at 46% for a bigger, bolder flavour. 2020 Gold Medal Winner - The Spirits Business Gin Masters
5. The Levantine Oak Aged Gin is essentially the Levantine Gin that is then rested in red wine barrels for a few months in the distillery cask room, not far from the Mediterranean beach. It is bottled at 46%abv. Tasting Notes - Aroma: Gentle scent of juniper berries, lemon and hyssop accompanied with delicate wood and vanilla in the background. Palate: Medium body, with good viscosity. Very subtle oak, vanilla and citrus combined with spices, lemon and juniper. Finish: A long lemon and spice finish, the herb flavours stays in the mouth for a long time along side gentle oak notes.
Where: Wherever you are
When: Friday evening October 2nd at 7pm for the live feed (we will send the Zoom link soon). We will have the session recorded so people can enjoy the drams when they are free to do so. Or you can tuck in to them as soon as you get them - it is up to you.
Questions: 0362313400 or firstname.lastname@example.org